Happy Monday, everyone! Mondays… They’re the best of times, they’re the worst of times. Cause the recurring question of what to wear to work, is pertinent from Monday all throughout Friday, why not take a deep breath and put our creative fashion minds to work. With one side note: we need to figure out how to stop dressing boring to work!
So here are several ideas for work, to get you from Mondays to Fridays:
1. The CLASSIC look is probably the most common and easiest way to dress for an office, regardless of your job, but also the most likely to get you looking boring, unless you remember this one tip: always wear a statement piece or just a more fun item to your look (shoes, bag, jewellery, watch, lips, nails). It’s all in the details.
2. The CASUAL business look, or the-can-I-wear-jeans-to-work is actually pretty easy to do and quite versatile. The tip is to always wear heels, a very smart/feminine top (think silky blouse, men-shirts, structured tops), a blazer and a professional bag. Have fun with accessories and even shoes and bags depending on your job.
3. CARELESS CHIC is a look for those who’ve got slightly more penchant for fashion but look like they don’t give a crap, yet, to the trained eye they’re street-style-worthy. The tip is to: clash different style items, play with shapes (slouchy versus fitted), with looks (feminine and masculine). Heels look best with this style, yet brogues or oxfords.
4. GLAMOROUS at the office is a look for all those sexy women who rule the world, and would rather do it in bright lips, sky high heels and outfits that can go from 9 am to late dinner cocktails. The tip is always in the posh fabulous heels. Expensive perfumes, rich fabrics, pencil skirts and silky blouses, long trousers, statement golden necklaces, brand watches and massive bags or clutches. These ladies are not afraid to flaunt it all.
5. SOPHISTICATED office wear is easy to do but it needs training, so experiment away and have fun with clothes. The tip for this look is: enjoy fashion and always wear at least 1 statement piece, clash styles, use a classy look for a start base and then add items according to your personality and job: men inspired looks with super sexy heels, massive bling, sporty luxe sweatshirts with classy pencil skirts, hats, prints, leather, sheer, denim – all that the non-connoisseurs label as work inappropriate is quite the opposite, because it’s about styling them & making them work. It’s about having fun.
Slimming pants – Old // Blouse & Jacket – Halston Heritage
Shoes – Zara // Bag – Rebecca Minkoff // Watch – Michael Kors